(To be displayed in the website and not to be given to the
F. No. A-34012/10/2014-DE
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology,
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
21st February , 2014
DIRECT RECRUITMENT OF POSTAL ASSISTANTS/SORTING ASSISTANTS/POSTAL ASSISTANTS (SAVINGS BANK CONTROL ORGANIZATION)/POSTAL ASSISTANTS (FOREIGN POST ORGANIZATION)/POSTAL ASSISTANTS (RETURNED LETTER OFFICES)/POSTAL ASSISTANTS (MAIL MOTOR SERVICES) AND POSTAL ASSISTANTS (CIRCLE AND REGIONAL OFFICES).
Applications are invited form the eligible persons for filling the vacancies of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants/Postal Assistants (Savings Bank Control Organization)/Postal Assistants (Foreign Post Organization)/Postal Assistants (Returned Letter Offices)/Postal Assistants (Mail Motor Services) And Postal Assistants (Circle And Regional Offices) for the year 2013 – 2014 in 22 Postal Circles in the Country.
2. The details of category-wise vacancies in each cadre in each of the Postal Circles is furnished under the link “VACANCIES” stating division wise vacancies for Postal Assistants in Post Offices (PAPO) and Sorting Assistants in Railway Mail Services (SARMS)
3. The words PH-I, PH-II and PH-III shown in the vacancy position represents Visually Impaired, Hearing Impaired and Orthopedically Impaired respectively
4. CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM PH CONCESSION.
(A) Visually Impaired: Categories of Visually Impaired persons suitable for the posts:
1. Blind. 2. Low Vision
The Blind are those who suffer from either of the following conditions:
– a. Total absence of Sight
– b. Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting
– c. Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
(B) Hearing Impaired: Categories suitable for the posts :: The Deaf or those in whom the sense of hearing is non functional for ordinary purposes of life. They do not hear, understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. The cases included in this category will be those having hearing loss more than 90 decibels (db) in the better ear (Profound impairment) or the
total loss of hearing in both ears.
(C) Orthopedically Impaired: The Orthopedically Impaired are those who have a minimum 40% of physical defect or deformity which causes an interference with the normal functioning of bones, muscles and joints. Categories of Orthopedically Impaired applicants suitable for the
1. One Arm affected
2. One Leg Affected
3. One Arm & One Leg Affected
4. Both Legs Affected
5. Muscular Weakness.
The Applicants should possess valid Medical certificate in the forms prescribed by the Government issued by competent Medical authorities for the purpose of employment, as on the date of Registration.
Note: The applicant can avail relaxation only for the Predominant disability. The applicant should be in possession of Original Medical Certificate for the same issued by competent medical authorities in the format prescribed by the Government at the time of Online Registration.
5. The vacancies indicated in the enclosures are likely to vary/change without any prior intimation or assigning any reason.
6. Scale of Pay:- Rs. 5200-20200 with a Grade pay of Rs. 2400 + admissible allowances as prescribed from time to time.
7. Age limit: 18-27 years: (a) For General Category (Unreserved Applicants )
(b) Permissible relaxation of upper age limit as per Government of India orders are as indicated below:-
Category Age relaxation permissible beyond the Upper age limit.
Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes(SCs/STs)5 years
Other Backward Classes(OBC)3 years
Physically Handicapped PH+ Unreserved 10 years.In regard to PH+SC/ST 15 years. In regard to PH+OBC 13 years
Ex-servicemen 3 years after deduction of service rendered in military from the actual age as on the closing date for Online Registration of applications.
Serving Govt. employees who have rendered not less than 3 years‟ regular continuous service as on closing date for
receipt of applications Upto 40 years of age as on the closing date for Online Registration of applications (45 years for SC/ST and 43 for OBC).
8. Crucial date for reckoning of age limit:- The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be as on the closing date for Online Registration of applications i.e., 27-03- 2014
9. Educational Qualification:-
(a) 10+2 standard or 12th class pass from a recognized university or Board of School Education or Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject (excluding vocational streams).
(b) The applicants should have studied in local language of the State or Union Territory of the concerned Postal Circle or in Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation level or equivalent.
10. Pattern of Examination: The applicants shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test
with a total 100 maximum marks covering the following subjects/topics. Aptitude Test (Paper-I) will be comprising four parts (Part A, B, C & D). The duration of the Aptitude Test will be for 2 hours (120 minutes). There is no negative marking.
Part „A‟ 25 Questions on General Knowledge – Questions on current events, sports, history, geography, basic economics, general politics, Indian Constitution, Science environment etc (25 marks).
Part „B‟ 25 Questions on Mathematics of matriculation standard which may cover number system, simplification, decimals, corrections, simple and compound interest, percentage, average, profit and loss, discount, menstruation, Time & work and time & distance etc. (25 Marks)
Part „C‟ 25 questions on English covering grammar (prepositions, adverbs, conjunction, direct/indirect speech, singular & plural, tenses, antonyms/synonyms etc. (25 Marks)
Part „D‟ 25 Questions on Reasoning and analytical Ability. (25 marks)
10.1 Computer/ Typing Test ( Paper II) :: The typing test will be for a duration of 30 minutes ( 15 minutes for typing and 15 minutes for data entry) consisting one passage of 450 words in English OR 375 words in Hindi to be typed with a minimum speed of 30 words per minute or 25 words per minute respectively. Test in Data entry will be of some figures and letters each carrying equal marks on computer . The above test will be conducted on Computer Key board, but not on a typewriter. Further, the candidates have to secure prescribed qualifying marks in this test. The marks will be based on speed, and accuracy. This is a combined test, and marks in both the components will be put together for qualifying.
11. All eligible Applicants belonging to various categories who have the educational qualification of 10+2 or 12th class pass from a recognized university or Board of School Education or Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject and fulfilling the condition in Para 9 (2) above shall be invited for appearing in Aptitude test. No weightage for marks secured by the Applicants in 10+2 or 12th class will be given while preparing the Merit Lists.
(11.1) Applicants numbering five (5) times the total number of vacancies in each category i.e., OC, SC, ST, OBC, etc shall be declared qualified in descending order of merit based on the marks secured by them in the Aptitude Test (Paper I) for taking the Computer/Typing Test (Paper II). The minimum qualifying marks to be obtained in each part of the Aptitude Test is prescribed as under:-
Unreserved candidates (OC) 40% i.e. 10 marks in each part and 40% in aggregate. The candidate has to qualify in each part i.e. Part A, B, C & D besides securing prescribed aggregate marks.
OBC 37% i.e. 9 marks in each part and 37% in aggregate. The candidate has to qualify in each part i.e. Part A, B, C & D besides securing prescribed aggregate marks.
SC/ST 33% i.e. 8 marks in each part and 33% in aggregate. The candidate has to qualify in each part i.e. Part A, B, C & D besides securing prescribed aggregate marks.
(11.2) A common merit list for the whole Postal Circle shall be prepared in respect of all categories of posts put together. For the said purpose, the candidates shall indicate their preference of the posts Codes i.e., Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants/Postal
Assistants (Savings Bank Control Organization)/Postal Assistants (Foreign Post Organization)/Postal Assistants (Returned Letter Offices)/Postal Assistants (Mail Motor Services) And Postal Assistants (Circle And Regional Offices in the order and also indicate their preference for Postal/RMS Divisions in the online application. The Codes for each post is given in the Instruction Sheet/ Information Brochure for the applicant. Thereafter, the candidates will be allotted to the posts and division as per their preference based on their position in the merit list and availability of vacancy. Such candidates who are not able to get the allocation in any of the post of his preference because of his/her performance, such candidates might be allocated to the post/division where the vacancies exist. The candidates will have to give an undertaking that in the event of his/her not getting the post in his preference, he/she is willing to accept the appointment in any category of the post/division to which he/she is allotted. The candidates who do not indicate their preference, it will be presumed that they have equal preference for all the posts/divisions and may be allocated to the post or division where vacancy exists at the discretion of the Competent Authority.
12. Cost of Application Form Registration: – Rs. 100 for all categories of applicants who have registered.
13. Examination Fee: – The Examination fee prescribed for all male applicants in General and OBC categories is Rs. 400/-. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Impaired/ Women are exempted from payment of Examination Fee.
14. (i) The applicant can apply for only one Postal Circle and if an applicant registers more than one application on-line, his/her candidature is liable to be rejected without any communication.
(ii) The Applicant is required to indicate his preference for the posts in a particular Postal Circle to which he/she is intending to apply, Postal / RMS Divisions and examination venues.
(iii) The vacancies for each category of post in 22 Postal Circles is displayed under the link “VACANCIES” on the website www.pasadrexam2014.in . Similarly vacancy position in respect of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants in each Circle division-wise is also displayed in the same link of the above mentioned website www.pasadrexam2014.in. The Examination Cities/Venues with their Code Numbers and the details of Postal/RMS Divisions in each Circle with their code numbers are also displayed in the website for facilitating the applicants for indicating his preference of posts/division while submitting their on-line application.
(iv)The Applicants are clearly informed that the allotment of Examination City in the Postal Circle applied for is the prerogative of the Department and requests received for any change in examination centre/venue will not be permitted under any circumstances. Exam City is allotted as per the Preferences marked by the applicant. However depending upon of the candidates volume of the exam city other exam cities of Postal Circle may also be considered out of other city options.
(v) The applicants have to access the www.pasadrexam2014.in regarding detailed information on the recruitment process from portal in PDF Format. The applicant has to fill the inputs including standard information i.e. Name, DOB, community, sex, educational qualification, etc.
15. How to Apply:-
(i) The Applicant has to access the Indiapost website (www.pasadrexam2014.in) for seeing the detailed Notification/Advertisement issued by the Department and the Instruction Sheet/Information Brochure.
(ii) Before starting Registration of his/her application on the website, the Applicant should read the notification, instruction sheet and FAQs carefully. He/she has to evaluate his/her eligibility for the category. His / her eligibility will be evaluated during the registration process and the process shall terminate for ineligible applicants and reasons there for would be prompted.
(iii) Before starting his registration of his application on-line, the applicant should be ready with the soft copies of passport size photo (not more than 20 KB in .JPG/JPEG format) and signature (not more than 10 KB in .jpg/jpeg format) which are required to be uploaded after filling up of the inputs and uploading the application on-line.
(iv) One applicant has to submit only one application. If more than one application is registered, it will lead to rejection of all the applications registered by the applicant.
(v) Applicant should fill the details/inputs in the On-line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the Registration of On-line Application Form. Before Pressing the SUBMIT button, the
applicants are advised to verify carefully every field/inputs mentioned in the application. Name of the Applicant or his/her father name etc. Should be spelt correctly in the Application as it so appears in the Matriculation/SSC/10+2 Certificates/marks sheet. Any change/alternation found/detected later on may lead to his disqualification of candidature.
(vi) The applicants will kindly note that the particulars mentioned in the On-line application will be considered as final and no change/alteration/modification will be allowed/entertained after submission of the On-line application under any circumstances.
(vii) After successful registration, a provisional Unique Registration Number (URN) will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The registration number along with password shall be sent to the Applicant to the given email ID and SMS to given Mobile Number in the application. The Applicant has to use the registration number and password for log in into the website where he can generate, the challan in triplicate to enable him to pay the fee. Applicant has to take out a print out of the system generated Fee Payment Challan. The Applicant has to retain this number and password for future references.
(viii) The Applicant is further advised to fill in the On-line Application Form in one go and save the data. The Applicant can edit the particulars if needed before final Submission of the Application Form. Once the application is filled completely, the applicant should submit the data.
(ix) Mode of Payment:- The Cost of Application Form and Examination Fee are already prescribed in Para No. 12 and 13 above of this notification. The applicants have to approach their nearest e-payment Post Offices, (listed under e-payment link of www.pasadrexam2014.in) and to produce Fee Payment Challan printed by him & to pay the FEE in CASH (INR) only. Once the fee has been paid, the Registration process is completed. The Applicant can check his/her status of payment on the www.pasadrexam2014.in after 3 working days after payment of the fee. In case of Nonpayment the application registered will not be considered for further process. The applicants who have registered the applications on the closing date of registration are permitted to pay the FEE till 1st April, 2014.
16. The Applicants after successful registration of the On-Line Application are advised to keep print out of the “PREVIEW” of his Application, copy of fee challan, receipt issued by the Post office and Registration slip for any future reference.
17. The Applicants are advised not to enclose/upload copies of any certificates/documents. The application Registered on-line will be treated as Provisional and it will be subject to Verification of respective Certificates/documents. The Applicant has to furnish a Declaration to the effect that the inputs furnished by him/her are true, complete and correct to best of his/her knowledge and they will be supported by the original documents/testimonials as and when required/demanded. Any false/incorrect information found/detected at any stage, his/her candidature/appointment will be summarily rejected/terminated. Therefore it is mandatory for the applicant to Tick the Check Box about this Declaration at end of the Application form, before saving and uploading the application.
18. Closing Date for Registration of Application. The registration of on-line application will commence on 26/02/2014 at 00:00hrs and closes by 27/03/2014 by 23:59hrs.
Director (VP & DE)
Vacany Details State Wise