EMPLOYEES’ STATE INSURANCE CORPORATION
PANCHDEEP BHAWAN, C.I.G. MARG, NEW DELHI‐110002.
Recruitment of Social Security Officers (SSOs) in
|Category||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||No. of PostsReservedforPerson withDisabilities(PWDs)||No. of PostsReservedfor Ex‐Servicemen(Ex‐SM)|
|No. of Vacancies||150||44||03||70||267||09*||25|
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January,1962, with the intention of permanently settl
- ing in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya,
- Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar),Zambia,Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia
- and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to catego
- ries (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whosefavour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the
- Government of India.
C. SCALE OF PAY
D. AGE LIMIT AS ON CLOSING DATE
E. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree of a recognized University (Preference will be given to the graduates in Commerce/Law/Managemen
- Working knowledge of computer including use of office suites and database.
F. APPLICATION FEE
- Amount of Application Fee:‐
- Mode of payment:
- The candidates who are not exempted from payment of application fee should pay the requisite fee
- by generation of challan through online application.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- To pay the fee, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after filling
- application and
- uploading scanned photograph and signature. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of State Bankof India
- and then continue remaining part of online filling of application. The fee is to be paid only
- through State Bank of India. Details instructions for filling online application and
- generation ofchallan are available on the website.
- Women candidates, ESIC Employees and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste,
- Tribe, Person with Disabilities (PWDs) and Ex‐serviceman eligible for reservation are exempted from payingfee.
- The candidates exempted from payment of fee are not required to generate challan for
- payment of fees.
- Such candidates can submit online application and take print out of application.
- Fees paid by modes other than through SBI Challan as indicated above will not be
- accepted and
- the applications of such candidates will be rejected forthright and the payment made
- shall stand forfeited.
- Copy of challan through which fee is paid must be retained by the candidate and produced
- on demand.
|S. No.||Category||Fee Amount (In Rs.)|
|01||SC/ST/PWD/ ESIC Employees,Candidates & Ex Servicemen||Female||NIL|
|02||All other categories||275/|
- Candidates must apply online through the website www.esic.nic.in. No other means/mode of
- application will be accepted. Applications received through any other mode will not be acceptedand
- will be summarily rejected. To apply online visit our website www.esic.nic.in, enter ESIC Home Page
- >>>Recruitment>>All Consolidated>Apply online for Recruitment to the post of SocialSecurity
- Officers in ESIC – 2014.Detailed Instructions for filling online application are available on the website.
- Candidate should read the instructions carefully before making any entry or selecting options.
- After submitting the online application, the candidates are required to take print out of the finally
- submitted online application and retain the same with them.
- Candidates are not required to submit to ESIC either by post or by hand the printouts of their online
- applications or any other document. They will be required to submit printout of onlineapplication
- along with documents in support of their eligibility etc. in case they are shortlisted for Part –
- II Examinations.
- The candidates are advised to submit only single online application. However, if somehow,
- he/she submits multiple online applications, then he/she must ensure that online application
- withthe higher “Application Number” is complete in all respects including fee. The applicants,
- who submit multiple online applications, should note that only the online application with higher“
- Application Number” shall be entertained by the ESIC and fee paid against one “Application Number”
- shall not be adjusted against any other “Application Number”.
- Application once submitted cannot be modified, hence utmost care should be taken to furnish the
- correct details before submitting the online application.
- Candidates are required to keep active the Email ID and the Mobile Number during the currency of this recruitment process. ESIC may also send
- Admission Certificates for Computer Skill Test,interview and other communication only at the
- registered email ID of candidates. Hence under no circumstances, the candidates should provide
- email ID to anyone.
- Before applying online, candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her
- recent photograph and signature for uploading. The scanned photograph and signature should bein
- JPG/JPEG format only and the digital size of the each file i.e. scanned photograph and signature
- must be less than 50 kb.
- Candidate should first scan their photograph and signature, ensuring that both the photograph and
- signature are as per the prescribed specifications. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb thenadjust
- the settings of the scanner (or resize the image).
|(i)||General English – 50 Questions – 50 Marks,|
|(ii)||General Intelligence – 50 Questions – 50 Marks,|
|(iii)||General Awareness – 50 Questions – 50 Marks and|
|(iv)||Arithmetic Ability – 50 Questions – 50 Marks.|
- The Computer Skill Test (CST) will consist of following three parts:
- Preparation of 02 Power Points Slides – 10 Marks,
- Typing matter on MS Word with formatting – 20 Marks and
- Short Descriptive Test of Qualifying Nature (50 Marks) – The short descriptive test will be qualifying in nature with questions drawn on the following
- English Language & Comprehension.
- Quantitative Abilities and
- 80% of the marks obtained in Written Examination (70% weightage) and Computer Skill
Test (30% Weightage). For example if the candidate has secured 120 marks out of 200 in Written
Examination and 40 marks out of 50 in Computer Skill Test then weightage of Written Examination andComputer
Skill Test will be 80 % of 96 (70% of 120 plus 30% of 40 i.e. 84 + 12 = 96).
- 20% of marks obtained in Interview.
J. CENTRE OF EXAMINATION
|Serial No.||Examination Center||Serial No.||Examination Center|
|1.||Candidates are not required to submit to ESIC either bypost or by hand the printouts
oftheironlineapplications or any other document.
|2.||Copy of challan through which fee is paid and printoutof online application must be retainedandproducedon demand.|
|3.||ESI Corporation will not undertake detailed scrutiny ofonline applications for
eligibilityand otheraspectsat the time of written examination and, therefore,the
candidature is accepted onlyprovisionally. Before applying,
candidates are advised to go through the requirements ofeducational qualification,
age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the post. Whenscrutiny is undertaken,
if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated,
thecandidature will be cancelled and the decision of ESIC shall be final.
|4.||Before applying, candidates in their own interest areadvised to go through the
detailedinstructionscontainedin this notice and also available on the website of ESI Corporation(http://esic.nic.in)
|5.||Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC /PWD/EX‐Servicemen
mustensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per
eligibilityprescribedin theNotice and asper the instructions issued by Govt. of India.
They should also be in possession of the certificatesin the prescribed format of Govt.
of India in support of their claim. Candidates claimingreservation/
age relaxation under OBC Category should submit the OBC
Certificate given atAnnexure ‐”A” prescribed vide Govt. of India,
Department of Personal and Training OM No.36012/22/93‐Estt.(SCT) dated
15.11.93 alongwith Self Declaration given at Annexure “B”
failingwhich the benefit of reservation or age relaxation will not be given.
|6.||ESIC Employees/Government Servants claiming age relaxationshould be in possession
ofacertificatein the prescribed format annexedat ‘C’ from their office in respect of the length ofcontinuous service which
should be not less than three years in the immediate period precedingthe
closing date for receipt of application. They should continue to have the
status of ESICEmployee/Government Servants till the time of appointment,
in the event of their selection.
|7.||Ex‐Servicemen who have already secured employment in civil sideunder
Government inGroup ‘C’& ‘D’posts on regular basis afteravailing of the benefits of reservation
given to ex‐servicemen fortheir
re‐employment are NOT eligible for fee concession and for claiming
benefits of reservationunder Ex‐Servicemen category. However, t
hey are eligible for age relaxation only. The period of”Call up Service”
of an Ex‐Serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as
servicerendered in the Armed Forces for purpose of age relaxation.
For any serviceman of the threeArmed Forces of the Union to be
treated as Ex‐Serviceman for the purpose of securing the benefitsof
reservation, he must have already acquired, at the relevant time of
submitting his applicationfor the Post / Service, the status of ex‐serviceman
and /or is in a position to establish his acquiredentitlement by documentary
evidence from the competent authority that he would completespecified term
of engagement with the Armed Forces within the stipulated period of one
yearfrom the Closing Date, or otherwise than by way of dismissal or
discharge on account ofmisconduct or inefficiency. Serving Defence
Personnel shall have to produce certificate issued bythe competent
authority in the proforma given annexed at ‘D’.
|8.||CLOSING DATE: The Closing Date for submission of Online Applicationthrough
ESICwebsitewww.esic.nic.inis 20th February, 2014 (upto 5:00 P.M.).
|9.||The last date for printing of completely submitted Online Application is 26th February, 2014|
|(upto 5:00 P.M.).|
|The candidates who have generated SBI Challan for payment of fee by 20th February, 2014|
|(upto 5:00 P.M.) can deposit the application fee in cash in any branchof SBI upto 24th February,|
|2014 and can complete the remaining part of online application by26th February, 2014 (upto|
|10.||The crucial date for determining the age limit, essential qualification andother
criteriaregardingeligibilityfor the post shall be the closing dateof submission of onlineapplication i.e.20th February, 2014.
|11.||The post carries All India Service Liability and the candidates selectedfor the pos
t are liable tobepostedanywhere in India.
|12.||Mobiles, other electronic gadgets and wireless equipments are bannedwithin the premises
oftheexaminationcenters. Their possession inswitched on or switched off mode is considered
by theESI Corporation as a manipulative practice and will invite summarily cancellation of
candidature,debarment from the ESIC’s examinations and/or criminal prosecution.
|13.||The Corporation may send emails to candidates regarding successfulsubmission of on‐lineapplication.|
|14.||Discrepancies in Question Paper, if any should be brought to theNotice of the Corporation
inwritingwithin thetime limit indicatedwhile placing answer keys on the website. Representationssubmitted
thereafter will not be considered and will be summarily rejected.
L. ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION
- All candidates who apply in response to this advertisement by the Closing Date will be
- assigned Roll Numberswhich will be placed on the website of the ESIC about two weeks
- before the dateof the examination. A candidate must write his/her Roll number along with
- his/her name, date of birth and name of the examination while addressing any
- communication to the ESIC.Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
- Admission Certificates (ACs) for the Written Examination indicating the time and venues of
- examination can be downloaded from the website of ESIC (http://esic.nic.in). Candidates
- wo areunable to download their Admission Certificates should contact ESIC with details such as Application
- Number, print out ofonline application, copy of challan, etc. for obtaining theAdmission Certificates.
- Failure to do so will deprive him/her of any claim for consideration.
- Details of deficiency in application, if any, will also be placed on the ESIC’s website about two weeks
- before the examination.
- Candidates are advised that it is compulsory to carry a Photo ID such as Voter’s ID, Driving
- License, ID Cards issued by Government or other Offices where the candidates may be
- working.Candidates without such ID cardswill not be allowed entry into the examination halls/Skill Test venues.
- Candidates should bring his/her recent passport size photographs for affixing it in the
- ESIC’scopy of Admission Certificate in the presence of Invigilator. Candidates not
- carrying photographswill not be allowed to appear in the examination.
M. ACTION AGAINST CANDIDATES FOUND GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT
- In possession of MOBILE PHONE & ACCESSORIES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC
- GADGETS WITHIN THE pREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES,
- WHETHER IN USE OR IN SWITCH OFF MODE AND onpeRSON OR OTHERWISE.
- Involved in malpractices.
- Using unfair means in the examination hall.
- Obtaining support for his / her candidature by any means.
- Impersonate/ Procuring impersonation by any person.
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with.
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information.
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his/her candidature
- for the examinatio
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the examination hall with the Supervisor, Invigilator
- or ESIC’s representa
- Taking away the Answer Sheet with him/her from the examination hall, or passing it on to
- unauthorized perso
- ns during the conduct of the examination.
- Intimidating or causing bodily harm to the staff employed by the ESIC for the conduct of
- To be ineligible for the Examination by not fulfilling the eligibility conditions mentioned in
- the Notice.
- Candidature can also be cancelled at any stage of the recruitment for any other ground which the ESIC conside
- rs to be sufficient cause for cancellation of candidature.
N. ESIC’S DECISION FINAL
- Who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living or
- Who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person